The loss of all of your natural teeth (edentulism) whether through decay, disease or accident, can be extremely traumatic whatever your age.
When your jawbone is no longer stimulated by your own teeth and tooth roots it starts to shrink. The shrinking jaw bone also negatively influences how your dentures fit.
This can make talking or eating uncomfortable or even pain full.
Missing teeth can further affect your appearance, because your lips are no longer supported from the inside. Your chin starts to move forward and upwards and your lips turn inwards.
The minimum standard of care recommended for edentulous patients wishing to achieve denture stabilisation, is two dental implants in the lower jaw.
The benefit of implant retained dentures.
- Dental implants can stimulate forces evenly to your jawbone and prevent jawbone shrinkage.
- No more pressure sore spots.
- Stable and secure fit.
- Improved taste and speech.
- Restored chewing, greater enjoyment of food.
- Improved digestion.
- Give you confidence to live life to the full.